In 2007, while still racing NASCAR full-time Gordon became the first American to win a Stage in the Legendary Dakar Rally. Gordon has competed in “the world’s most difficult race” representing the United States 14-times, claiming 10 stages wins and a third place overall.
In 2012, he founded the Stadium Super Trucks series. Based on Off-Road Motorsports Hall of Fame inductee Mickey Thompson’s concept, the series began there but has evolved as a popular support event at major road races in the U.S. and abroad. The Super Trucks put on a spectacular show, soaring over jumps and banging fenders in front of awestruck crowds. With Stadium Super Trucks, Gordon has brought off-road racing to a whole new audience and introduced a new form of motorsports to the world. As a driver-owner, Gordon himself has won the series title twice (2013, 2014) while claiming 19 race wins.
In addition to his racing, Gordon is one of the most influential people in the off-road industry. In 2018, he launched a UTV he designed exclusively for Arctic Cat/Textron. The much-anticipated Wildcat XX design was based off the years of Gordon’s experience and knowledge in off-road racing. With positive reviews and results the Wildcat XX was voted UTV of the Year for 2018.
Robby is the son of racing legend Bob Gordon, an early pioneer in the sport of off-road. Bob Gordon was inducted into the Hall of Fame as a Legacy Inductee in 2017. Bob and Robby are only the second father and son Inductees in Hall of Fame history. Robby’s son, Max, is the third generation in the Gordon off-road racing family. Max became the youngest driver to ever compete and finish the Baja 1000 in 2017 at the age of 9.
- Four consecutive class wins in the Rolex 24 Hours at Daytona
- Three consecutive class wins in the 12 Hours of Sebring
- Three NASCAR Monster Cup Victories: New Hampshire Motor Speedway, 2001; Sonoma Raceway, 2003; Watkins Glen, 2003
- NASCAR Xfinity Series Win: Richmond International Raceway, 2004
- First driver to sweep both NASCAR Road Courses in the same year
- Two CART Victories, Phoenix International Raceway, 1995; and Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix, 1995
- Indianapolis 500: Three top-five and five top-10 finishes in 10 starts
- Attempted the “Double Duty” four times, racing the Indy 500 and Coca Cola 600 in the same day (1 of 4 drivers)
- 19-time Stadium SUPER Trucks Winner
- Seven-time SCORE International Champion, 1986-90, 1996, 2009
- BITD Grand Champion, 2012
- Three-time Baja 1000 winner, 1987, 1989, 2006
- Four-time Baja 500 winner, 1989, 1990, 2005, 2013
- First American to win Stage in Dakar Rally, 2007
- Ten Dakar Rally stage victories
- 3rd place overall Finish in Dakar Rally, 2009
- Won very first off-road race entered Vegas to Reno 500
- Two-time Mickey Thompson Grand National Sport Truck Series Champion
- One Central Europe Rally Special win, 2008 CER Stage 5
- X Games Austin Silver Medal Winner in Off-Road Truck, 2015
- X Games Austin Bronze Medal Winner in Off-Road Truck, 2014